Features

  • Misconscriptured: Great Bible verses taken out of context
  • Old-school smackdown: Way, way old-school
  • Had to be there: Stories that get skipped in Sunday School
  • Need to know: Biblically speaking, of course

Sunday, September 7, 2008

A joke

Misconscriptured

You've probably heard this one:

A new missionary was in town and wanted to go around and introduce himself. So he chatted with various neighbors and everything seemed to be going quite well.

Then he came to one home of a popular neighbor everyone suggested he meet. He knocked but got no response, which was funny, because he could hear sounds coming from inside the house.

He walked to a side door near the home's garden and even called out to see if anyone would answer. No luck.

So he left a calling card with his phone number and the following scripture reference:

Revelation 3:20
"Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him..."

He continued knocking doors in the neighborhood, and when he passed by the home an hour later, he saw his card had been removed, and in its place, another, with the following:

Genesis 3:10
"And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself."

1 comment:

Lulu said...

Hilarious. Thanks Jason and I got a good laugh at that one.